This 2 hour lesson is available in two levels. For children or adults who have just started skiing or snowboarding and need help to develop their skills, for beginners, we work on mastering turning technique and stopping. Alternatively for the person who want to off-piste and back-country ski/snowboard.
Workshop: Steep Skiing Elements
- Adult Above 19 years-old
- Student (Send proof by email)
There are inherent risks with skiing steeper terrain: crossing an avalanche trigger zone, being in an avalanche path, terrain traps, and no-fall zones.
Elements that are covered in this course are the following:
- Establish steep skiing protocol:
TSG visits an area that the group can assess an array of steep lines and discuss meeting points and exit strategies at a safe distance.
- Progress steep skiing techniques:
Straight lining, jump turning, committing to a line, sliding turns, adjusting type of turns to control speed, drops. All done in microterrain.
- Assess the terrain based on avalanche forecast, snowpack and observations during the day
- Evening before the field day (time tba) – short meet up online or live for approx. an hour to plan the next day
- One full day outside